Kershaw Knives is a company that designs and manufactures different knives ranging from pocketknives to kitchen cutlery. Located in Oregon, United States, Kershaw Knives is a reputable manufacturer of knives that make use of advanced technologies, high-quality materials and remarkable designs merged all together to create an outstanding and user-friendly knife. It has built its name in the movie industry as these knives have appeared in various movies and television series including How I Met Your Mother and Desperate Housewives. Kershaw Knives have won several local and national competitions in different blade shows, proving their excellence in producing quality knives.
Among the many products of Kershaw Knives, the leeks are the most widely bought and used by many knife collectors and enthusiasts across the world due to their high performance and great deal of usability. There is also a huge variety of blade handles and colors to choose from which will appeal to many customers. In collaboration with a famous knife maker, Ken Onion, the Kershaw Ken Onion Leek Folding Knife with Speed Safe was born.
- Speed Safe — With the Speed Safe attribute, the knife is very simply and quick to open with an impressive level of safety. The torsion bar is a significant piece in the entire Speed Safe system. Unlike other knives, Kershaw Ken Onion Leek does not open by the direct influence of gravity. The torsion bar defies gravity and keeps the knife blade from opening when not in use. Once the torsion bar is triggered, the blade will smoothly glide along the track until it opens completely. Then, the blade is locked into place until the user chooses to close it again.
- Ambidextrous assisted opening system — One of the most important features of the Ken Onion Leek is the ambidextrous assisted opening system that allows users to easily open the knife using one hand, either the right or left hand. The knife can be opened by manually pressing the thumb stud or the index opening system. The index opening system, an alternative for thumb stud, is done by pulling the protrusion with the index finger.
- Ideal for activities or situations where one-handed opening is useful — It would be a hassle for a lot of people to open a knife using both hands, especially when in a situation under extreme pressure. A lot of policemen would want a knife with one-hand opening since the nature of job calls for easy and quick response. A Kershaw Ken Onion Leek Knife is perfect when seeking for practicality and convenience. In activities such as hunting and fishing, Kershaw Ken Onion Leek is a good option.
- Bead-blasted stainless-steel handle — With this feature, the knife is made to undergo a high form of pressure cleaning that will display a clean and shiny blade steel.
- 14C28N Blade Steel — The steel provides a high-quality edge performance with the combination of sturdiness and corrosion resistance. The knife is easily re-sharpened because the steel is very strong without the worries of breaking the microstructure.
- 4-inches length and 3.1 ounces weight measurement — The knife is perfect for knives of small size and light weight. Kershaw Ken Onion Leek Knife deserves a place in every person’s pocket who intends to carry an effective tool that doesn’t need much space.
The item is unfortunately not available in some places and may show some problems with the safety lock; however, the Kershaw Ken Onion Leek is still a highly recommended knife for excellence and convenience use.